Tomato and Basil Bites
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan, gas mark 7. Line 2 x baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Take 320g of ready-made puff pastry and halve the sheet widthways. Using half of the pastry lay it on a floured surface and cut into 24 pieces. With a sharp knife score a square inside each piece of pastry but do not cut the whole way through.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg yolk and scatter with 50g of parmesan cheese. Lay them on the baking sheets and sit half a tomato cup side up inside each scored square.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, Place a slice of mozzarella on each tomato, season and top with a dot of pesto and small basil leaf
Garlic Shrimp and Chilli Mayo Bites
- Take 24 unshelled raw king prawns and peel the shells from the bodies but leave the shells on the tails.
- Place 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic and some pepper into a dish, add the prawns and toss them together to coat and marinate for 15 mins.
- Mix 8 tbsp. of mayonnaise with 2tbsp single cream, ripple 1 tsp. of chilli sauce through but do not mix them together completely.
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/gas mark 7. Take 8 slices of prosciutto and cut each one into 3 strips lengthways. Use one strip and wrap around each prawn. Place on baking sheet and bake for 3 mins or until prawns are cooked. Serve with the chilli mayo.
Mini Turkey and Cranberry pies
- Roll out a 500g pack of short crust pastry on a floured surface so that it is as thick as a £1 coin.
- Cut out 8 x 10cm circles and 8 x 9cm circles. Push the larger circles into a muffin tin. Divide 250g of turkey, tbsp. double cream and 8 tsp. cranberry sauce between them. Season, brush the edges with a little egg and place the smaller circles on top as lids and pinch together to seal.
- Heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6. Brush the tops with beaten egg and bake for 25mins.
Bacon, Sausage and Prune Rolls
- Heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6.
- Toss 12 x cocktail sausages in a bowl with 1 tbsp. of clear honey and mix until well coated
- Wrap a piece of streaky bacon around a sausage and a prune and skewer with a cocktail stick.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30 mins
Little Mince Pie Cakes
- Heat the oven to 190c/170c fan/gas mark 5. Line a bun tin with 12 x paper cases. Place 175g of self-raising flour, 100g light muscovado sugar, 1tsp mixed spice, 175g of softened butter, 3 eggs and 2 tbsp. milk into a mixing bowl and beat until the mix is light and fluffy.
- Place a spoonful of cake mix in each case, followed by a spoonful of mincemeat and then cover with another spoonful of cake mix.
- Bake for 15-18 mins and dust with icing sugar.
Bitter Chocolate Truffles
- Place 2 x 100g bars of 70% dark chocolate (chopped) with 85mls of double cream and 1tsp vanilla extract into a pan and heat very gently until melted. Cool and then chill for 90 mins until firm.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to make 24 truffles and dust with cocoa or grated white chocolate. Chill until ready to eat.