Here at Canopies UK we specialise in high quality, self-supporting school canopies and freestanding school shelters. If you are looking for a covered walkway, covered playground or an outdoor seating area but the funds are a little low, why not try getting the community, parents and pupils involved with some fundraising events to top up the pot?
- Sponsored event Hold an event such as swimming, reading, spelling or silence. Children appreciate anybreak from the normal routine of lessons, sosponsored activities are a great fundraising motivator and all children and teachers can take part. Hold a rewards ceremony for the individuals that raise the most money.
- Non uniform day/fancy dress day Each pupil and teacher pays £1 to come to school in non-uniform or fancy dress.
- Auction Get the local community involved by asking businesses close by for donations. You can sell them at auctions for valued funds.
- Schools got talent show Let the children do the performing and the teachers be judges.Sell tickets to the Grand Finale
- Cake sale A firm favourite with everyone, make sure there is plenty in stock
- Raffle Hold a raffle every 3 months; approach a local business for a prize.
- School choir If the school already has a choir, ask them to prepare a special programme that can be performed one evening. Invite everyone from the community and charge admission, with proceeds benefiting your fundraising cause. You can also sell refreshments and snacks to raise additional funds.
- Bring and buy sale Ask each child to bring in unwanted household items such as books, cds, toys, clothes etc. Have some fun selling and set yourself targets to see if you can achieve them through your sales skills and powers of persuasion!
Fundraisers can take a lot of hard work so you need to keep the FUN in FUNdraiser, make sure you acknowledge the children raising the most money or working the hardest with a small token of appreciation such as a certificate to keep them interested. Make fundraising a social event. Its always more fun when there are other people around to help. If you keep it fun you will find you generally get a higher rate of participation from students and the community too.
Finally, when you have managed to fill the pot call Canopies UK on 01254 777002 for your free no obligation survey.